Privacy & Security
The Chocolate Libertine is committed to protecting your privacy, and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of customer information very seriously. This policy explains how we use any customer information and how we protect your privacy. All such information is referred to in this statement as 'personal information'.
This policy applies to The Chocolate Libertine website only and not to other websites to which we may provide links.
By using this website and/or providing personal information you are indicating your consent to our obtaining personal information from you and to the holding, use and/or transfer of the personal information that is provided by or obtained from you in accordance with this policy.
Holding and use of personal information:
The personal information that is provided by or obtained from you is used and/or held by us for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you in accordance with this policy
- to offer our own and third party services and products suited to you
- to inform you of new features and promotions on the choconchoc.co.uk website
- to enhance your experience of the choconchoc.co.uk website by identifying your personal preferences.
Transfer of personal information:
The personal information that is provided by or obtained from you may be transferred to third parties for the following purposes:
To the relevant authorities to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or as may be required in legal proceedings.
Obtaining, use and transfer of general information:
By using session variables and tracking visitors to our website we will obtain general information about those visitors.
That information would include, for example, the number of visitors, the pages they visit, how long each visit lasts, how often visitors return to our website, etc. We may also aggregate such information with certain of the personal information provided by or obtained from visitors to enable us to analyse or categorise visitors and their preferences.
Such general or aggregated information may be held or used by us for the following purposes:
- our own research purposes
- for marketing purposes
- to create a better overall experience for our users
- to ensure a more efficient service for our users
Such general or aggregated information may also be transferred to the following persons:
- to advertisers and potential advertisers on this website
- Such general information will not be transferred to any third party in a format from which you might be personally identified.
Transfer of information to persons outside European Economic Area:
Third parties to whom personal information or general or aggregated information about visitors to this website is transferred may be situated outside the European Economic Area.
Cookies and session variables:
Changes to personal information:
If you would like to remove all or any of your personal details from our data base you should contact us email@example.com
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at hello
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to to The Chocolate Libertine, Unit 1, Woodbine Cottage, Gerrards Cross Road, Bucks SL2 4EL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.